[Passed] RRS Amendment for Maintained Activity of Regional Officers

Started by Emily, November 16, 2019, 09:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

PREAMBLE. This document presents guidelines and goals for Refugia and its Regional Councillors.

In continuity with Refugia's ambition of maintaining an efficient and active government presence, the Refugia Revised Statutes shall be incremented such that:

1. Abiding existing election procedural guidelines, RRS 9 and 10 shall be changed to RRS 10 and 11.

The Refugia Revised Statutes shall be amended as to create:

- Guidelines for Maintained Activity of Regional Officers -

2. RRS 9. At any time, a Member State can charge a Regional Councillor of neglect in their duties or mismanagement of their position. Their charge will be submitted in writing to the Arch-Administrator only after a second member state has seconded the motion. This charge must contain:
  • A list of grievances against the accused.
  • Argument as to why these grievances should result in the removal of the accused prior to the next election.

If all requirements laid out in RRS 4(c), 9, 9(a), and 9(b) are met, the Arch-Administrator will call for a vote of "No Confidence" among the member states. If this vote passes by a simple majority, a new election will be called for that Council seat within the following five days. The previous seat holder can run again granted they qualify under circumstances detailed in RRS 8a.

Authored by Sylh Alanor

Previous Version(s):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Luca

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 16, 2019, 09:27:40 PM2. RRS 9. At any time, a Member State can charge a Regional Councillor of neglect in their duties or mismanagement of their position. Their charge will be submitted in writing to the Operations Councillor or, should that not be a viable option, the Arch-Administrator.

I might prefer that a recall petition be subject to the same rules as RRS referenda, where the petitioner needs to find someone to second so at least one member state anywhere in Refugia can at least verify that the contents of the petition is sane and not spam. A side benefit is that I don't actually need to make a determination of whether something is a good idea, and it can work itself out democratically.

Emily

Luca

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 16, 2019, 09:27:40 PM2. RRS 9. At any time, a Member State can charge a Regional Councillor of neglect in their duties or mismanagement of their position. Their charge will be submitted in writing to the Arch-Administrator, and they must have a second member state who has signed on as seconding the motion. This charge must contain:
This wording seems technically fine, but it's a bit clunky. I would recommend rewording that to say "must have another member seconding the motion".

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 16, 2019, 09:27:40 PMShould the Arch-Administrator deem this charge legal
I'm still not entirely comfortable with the volume of manoeuvrability here, even if I'm a constant fixture. I recommend going for something that says the Arch-Administrator must call a recall vote if the requirements in 4(c), 9, 9(a), and 9(b) are met.

Emily

mads

I second the amendment.
I feel it would be a useful addition so as to ensure no abuses of power can be perpetuated.

Luca

Emily

Thanks Maddie for the second :heart:

Thanks Luca for posting it so quickly :heart: