News:

Refugia News: Councillor of Operations Ignores Questions, Repeatedly Striking Brick with Hammer, Screaming "NO!"

Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

AlexiCat

How do I delete someone else's comment?

@Luca help!

Emily

If you truly wish for it, I can delete that post. But was I right?

AlexiCat

I'm just kidding  :sweatsmile:

But no, it's not for him, it's for me. I generally buy clothes that I think I look good in just for the sake of feeling good about myself :rofl:

Emily

Oh no, totally! I don't mean to suggest otherwise. It's awesome when you can feel great about things that you're wearing or doing. You're powerful!

Rea

I try on tons of that stuff when I want to feel
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And yet my ex wouldn't ever go shopping with me for it.

Like.

Dudette.

In hindsight, maybe it's lucky that the experience isn't ruined.

*plans shopping trip*

AlexiCat

It's good to feel that way about yourself. You deserve it.

Luca

A new poll has been called about your preferences with furries.

Casimir

Hey friends!

I haven't been feeling well lately\ I've been figuring out a lot of stuff about how I relate to different people in my life. I feel like this week has been overwhelmingly positive and I've just had a great day.

Sorry I absented myself so long! Hope everyone's been doing well
/C
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

Rea

Hey Casimir! You've been missed! I hope things start to look better for you. You can jump right back in to the RP when you're ready, but don't pressure yourself ^.^ We're just glad to have you here!!!

AlexiCat

Hello world. I'm big sad today. I was supposed to go to a concert with my roommate today in SF, but he totally just disregarded me and went to SF with his friends and said that he would "meet me there". The whole point of taking him in the first place was so that we could go together and I wouldn't have to make the trip on my own. I asked if we would be coming home together, but he said he was gonna go back with his friends after the concert and so I would have to find my way home alone. He didn't even care about how I might get home... This upset me quite a bit, so I decided to sell the tickets and stay home instead.

I think the reason I'm so upset about this situation is because my friend demonstrated a complete lack of empathy for me. He's more worried about himself to care about how his friend might feel to be ignored over his other friends. He could have told me he would rather not go instead of making all these last-minute plans and trying to make both things happen. Overall I'm just super disappointed and I think it'll take a bit of crying alone to get over it.

Emily

I'm so sorry to hear that, Alexis :c that's really thoughtless of your roommate. Next time you see him, maybe let him know (gently) how his actions made you feel and that you were hoping this was a thing you two could do together.

Rea

That sounds like something that would really, really hurt. I sorry, Alexis :'( It was very inconsiderate to just expect you to go by yourself and then also get yourself home alone. I would feel very uninvited by that. I wouldn't feel very wanted.

AlexiCat

Thanks, everyone. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it's hard.

Rea

Not get to you? What are you, an android? xD Having feelings is okay, getting hurt is okay, it's what makes us human. Your feelings are valid and need attention, not doing so is like refusing to eat because you "shouldn't" be hungry.

Well, we are humans, and that is a good thing.

clandrox

~clandrox
King Of Subadent and Her Trees, Speaker of Their Language Wucelapan.

AlexiCat

I've been intentionally ignoring my roommate all day... it makes me feel worse.

Jens

Man, that was kind of a shitty thing to do, what your roomie did, Alexis.

Do you feel like you can talk to them about this?

Natalie

Yeah, that's a lousy thing they did. But unresolved tension is always stressful, and you might need to directly address it to keep it from becoming a point of quiet resentment.

Casimir

Yeah, that certainly was pretty shitty on your roommate's behalf, Alexis :heart:.
Hope you've been doing better since.
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

Emily

We took a nice night walk :)