News:

Refugia News: Councillor of Operations Ignores Questions, Repeatedly Striking Brick with Hammer, Screaming "NO!"

Main Menu

[Oxygen] The Refugia Minecraft Server

Started by Luca, November 07, 2019, 03:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rea

So I found a sand temple. Lots of cool loot. Brought it home. Literally right outside the Stamp Society. And then. I got disconnected. Reconnected.

I was dead.

Couldn't reconnect.

So my loot is gone!!!

This is why I don't go exploring . . .

Luca

Quote from: mads on November 24, 2019, 10:26:18 PM
Some pics of Cherry Vale, The Stamp Society, and a cool island I found
WHAT is this shader and how can I get it???

mads

Sildur's Vibrant Shaders!
I'm using the High version on this one!
https://sildurs-shaders.github.io
It's really nice and not super processor intensive!

Emily

After installing Optifine and the shaders, I have taken another batch of screenshots :rofl:

Rea

Gaaaah, so many pretty thiiiings!

Updates:
a. I replaced the Anvil in the Forge since I used up the old one.
b. A horse by the Skyrail at the Stamp Society somehow got stuck in a minecart and died. I AM SORRY I HOPE HE WAS NOT IMPORTANT.
c. I've created Book and Quills and titled them to put coordinates to Biomes, Temples, Towns, and Interesting Places in the Library chests at the Stamp Society. Since I obviously can't be trusted to retrieve STUFF, I figure I'll just do some exploring, record the coordinates on my phone, and then rerecord the stuff on the books in the library. (Watch there be a better method for this, I KNOW IT.)
d. I fully intend to read up on how the post boxes work. It seems really intimidating to me, for some reason I cannot identify. (Also I think I destroyed one of the boxes T.T )

mads

:geh:
The horses!
Now there's only six stuck in the stamp society!

Emily

MORE SCREENSHOTS THOUGH

Luca

Quote from: mads on November 26, 2019, 07:38:08 AM
:geh:
The horses!
Now there's only six stuck in the stamp society!

I don't know where one of them went, but three are on the roof, so I'm going to build a VIP area for them on level 4.

I've updated the mod pack background image to a screenshot from this actual world. That image is here if anyone wants it v

Emily

I have created a peat bog and an arboretum between the Stamp Society and my old mountain base. If you have any need of fuel (for peat-fired engines) or wood, saplings, and apples, please feel free to use the machines. The engines run on peat, but are efficient enough that you get much more out of them than you spend.

Furthermore, I have left a "Thankful Dinner" item with Rea, at the Stamp Society for Luca, and at Cherry Vale Manor for Maddie. I hope that everyone enjoys this little slice of celebration for a holiday that probably doesn't deserve it lol.

The thankful dinner is made of tofu turkey, toast, onions, sweet potato pie (vegan egg replacer!), cranberry jelly, and mashed potatoes. It will give you a buff of Strength and Resistance for 3 minutes.

mads

Thank you for treating the horses as honored guests!
Thank you Emily for the dinner as well!

Here are some WIP pics of my mountain fortress, Salamandastron!

Luca

I would like to announce that I'm FINALLY done building the Stamp Society.

Reference image attached.

mads

WAIT.
It's based off the AOEII Castle???

Also it looks amazing!!

Emily

I've taken so many more screenshots  :heppy:

Luca

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 29, 2019, 09:03:59 PM
I've taken so many more screenshots  :heppy:
Fixed that for you.

Luca

Quote from: mads on November 29, 2019, 06:58:41 PM
WAIT.
It's based off the AOEII Castle???

Also it looks amazing!!
AoE II is always going to have a special place in my heart.

That's why I keep buying it every time they re-release it.

Rea

mads

Howdy folks, a quick look at the beginning of my newest project!
All done by hand, with no sponges!

Luca

Emily

That reminds me, has anyone found an underwater sanctuary yet? I haven't been able to locate any.

Luca

Sorry if anyone encountered any server downtime recently, it has been resolved.

The mods look like they're making things a little complicated, so if you have any issue loading the game, try downloading 64 bit java instead of 32 bit java.

The link to an updated version of Java is here: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
For most people, the correct download is labeled "Windows Offline (64-bit)"
After installing, make sure you select that version in the Technic Launcher, under Launcher Options --> Java Settings. Apply however much RAM you want to dedicate to Minecraft.