General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Luca

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 25, 2019, 02:51:30 PM
Hi friends!

I wanted to let you all know that, as of today, Pillowfort is allowing current beta users to generate links for new members who can't afford or don't want to pay the $5 closed beta fee. Have you been wanting to check out the community? You should do it now! Here are three links, just let me know if you use one so I can mark it off as used.

Thanks in advance :heart: we can be friendos if you follow me here.

Invite links:

https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=XKsateVjnAmnXdHop3mfjw
https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=SIpj5_L1_4kZtDBTquTI3w
https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=3WCciDX4tM7ZAiGDnLk6SA
Is this a sponsored stream?

clandrox

If starting a NS roleplay would it be in the NS section or Roleplay?
~clandrox
King Of Subadent and Her Trees, Speaker of Their Language Wucelapan.

Jens

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for disappearing. Life decided to be like "So, would you like to be super busy? Also, would you like the fact that you live in an old ass apartment be a thorn in your side?"

I've been trying to fix up a couple of things, with a couple of setbacks, but I eventually succeeded. Then, yesterday, my upstairs neighbour's geyser decided to break and flooded nearly the entire top floor. I was at home when it happened, and was alerted by what sounded like rain, except it sounded like it was raining inside. I opened up the door to my entrance hall and the water was pouring down the cracks in my ceiling.
We managed to make it stop, but not before water started to pour from the walls and ceiling in my kitchen as well.

So now I've got these damp cracks in the walls and ceilings of my habitat. Yay.

I sure hope you are all having a better time than I am having right now.

Rea

. . . Oh my god, Jens. Your week sucked.

*hug if you want*

You deserve to buy yourself some chocolate.

Natalie

Oof, that's awful. I hope nothing was damaged.

Emily

Oh no Jens D: That's so awful.

:hugs:

clandrox

~clandrox

Jens

Thank you, peeps. I'll take those hugs  :hugs:

The chocolate sounds tempting, but I'm kind of on a diet right now :NotLikeCat:

None of my stuff was damaged. But I'm gonna have to call my landlady today what to do about the humidity.

clandrox

This is gonna sound really narcissistic but I love this:
~clandrox

Luca

Quote from: clandrox on November 29, 2019, 02:23:43 AM
This is gonna sound really narcissistic but I love this:
:laughing: Thanks. I've thought about making a post somewhere with all the taglines we've used.

clandrox

~clandrox

Luca

Quote from: clandrox on November 29, 2019, 10:28:39 PM
Is this a raid  :thinking: :thinking:

Those old endorsements happened in The South Pacific. After moving to Refugia, it looks like nothing weird has happened. At any rate, the WA is non-executive, so the only thing that would come from raiding us would be to interrupt my delegate streak. They wouldn't gain any actual powers.

clandrox

That feeling you get when you are close to a post rank so you try and make conversation and reply to everything? no? just me?
~clandrox

Luca

Quote from: clandrox on December 01, 2019, 05:09:04 PM
That feeling you get when you are close to a post rank so you try and make conversation and reply to everything? no? just me?

Seems fine to me, we need more stuff to do!

The last General Discussion thread has concluded;

QuoteWhat games should be made in 2020 4k graphics, particle lens effects, and an orchestral soundtrack?

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind2 (8.3%)
Castle of the Winds: A Question of Vengeance   1 (4.2%)
Geneforge1 (4.2%)
Drakengard2 (8.3%)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets4 (16.7%)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword2 (8.3%)
Metal Gear1 (4.2%)
Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness4 (16.7%)
Age of Empires III2 (8.3%)
Diablo II2 (8.3%)
Minecraft3 (12.5%)

It has been definitively decided that the most pressing game of the past to remaster is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness. Failure on the part of the games industry to heed our advice would be foolish and a complete disregard for popular opinion.

Emily

Quote from: clandrox on December 01, 2019, 05:09:04 PM

What are post ranks?  :tongue:

Quote from: Wisdom on December 01, 2019, 05:21:49 PMIt has been definitively decided that the most pressing game of the past to remaster is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness. Failure on the part of the games industry to heed our advice would be foolish and a complete disregard for popular opinion.
Finally, the Harry Potter remake I've been waiting for! That was a good poll, I really enjoyed it. Just the thought of roaming those halls again brings a tear to my eye. What do you think an updated Freddi Fish game would look like?

clandrox

Hecc yeah 3rd highest poster
~clandrox

mads

Hey y'all, has anyone played Endless Space/ Endless Space 2, and if so, would you recommend?
I really enjoyed Endless Legend, and saw that ES2 was on sale currently and was wondering if I should pick it up.

Emily

I've watched Luca play through a campaign of Endless Space 2. It was really good, especially if you liked Endless Legend. I played a bit and the Vaulters are so cool.

AlexiCat

Hey everyone! Is it ok if I share something mildly NSFW? I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Emily

Oooh, that's so awesome! I'm glad you're getting to feel like this.

Is this for your roommate that you like?