General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Natalie

I saw a really cute movie today called Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter. It's a sort of modern folktale about a Japanese woman who goes searching for a treasure she sees on an old VHS tape - looking anything up yields spoilers so it's best to just jump in if that sounds interesting. Look at this gif from the movie, it has the most adorable bunny.

Copyn

I hope all your days are goin good I just wanted to say that :spider: :heartbeat:
:spider:

Luca

Quote from: Copyn on January 15, 2020, 11:07:27 AM
I hope all your days are goin good I just wanted to say that :spider: :heartbeat:
Hi Spoder, you're great!

I have braved the elements today, which included a heaping gob of snow in order to have my braces tightened. This concludes my capacity for exposure to strangers for basically the rest of my life.

Emily

Today has been pretty stressful for both of us. Victoria isn't used to the amount of snow that came down, but we're used to it and both trekked out to get to where we needed to go. Luca's place was open, mine was not. I spent a solid 3.5 hours on a bus today just going to the campus and back!

I wanted to pull a comment from Spider to here because it wasn't really appropriate to keep going in the Guilty Pleasures thread. I love RPGs! What are some of the highlight games for you friend? I'm Final Fantasy garbage at this point, though I generally like anything with good characters and storylines for those characters. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Lost Odyssey.

Copyn

Quotebraces

AAAAAAA :geh:
sorry I gots bad memories of braces :NotLikeCat: they weren't the best thing for me
thank god they're gone :spider:

QuoteRPGs
somehow I'm drawing a blank :NotLikeCat: I just got done with a grueling session of Arcana Heart so my mind's a bit squishy
I know I definitely like pokemons, and I really enjoy FF8 except....I need to finish it :geh:
I also really liked Morrowind...and need to finish that too :NotLikeCat:
Kingdom Hearts? That's an action rpg so it counts right? :spider:

Emily

It was hard for me to get into Final Fantasy VIII, but I really wanted to. I came to it too late and only had it on the Steam version (this is before the remaster was released), and the camera made me want to die a little bit. Also I guess the beginning is universally accepted to be slow and hard to get into. I really liked Final Fantasy XIII, which I know is an unpopular opinion, and have hit a roadblock on my progression through XIII-2. I played XV through all the fun parts, and couldn't bear to go any further once we got on the train (that's not a spoiler, but should help anyone who's played understand).

Morrowind is one of my all-time favourite games! I got so into the lore and writing of that game, and have replayed it multiple times over the past 20... years... :geh: But seriously, I think it's one of the best games ever made, and that's saying something given the garbage fire that Bethesda would later become.

I also really love Obsidian games! I recommend most of them. Deadfire, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Tyranny... they make some of the best RPGs out there, almost entirely thanks to the fact that they employ some of the best writers to ever be in the video game industry. It makes me happy to talk about them.

Copyn

Funny enough, FF8 fit me kinda like a glove :shrugshrug:
I tend to get really into grinding and I actually have kind of a fun time drawing for a ton of spells and then demolishing them
Though I don't think I'm very far at all; I just for some reason have a hard time sticking with games in general :frown:
But I still love it, it feels like there's a lot I can do if I want to :spider:

From what I can tell there's solid reasons people will prefer Morrowind over later Elder Scrolls titles
personally I just for some reason am drawn to old games :spider: dunno why

I think I've heard of those but not played them, though I always hear that I should
but I'm so bad at actually completing games it feels like I wouldn't get the full experience

Luca

Quote from: Copyn on January 15, 2020, 04:00:11 PM
personally I just for some reason am drawn to old games :spider: dunno why
*idly distributes complimentary copies of the Geneforge saga*

Copyn

Quote from: Luca on January 15, 2020, 04:02:49 PM
sounds suspicious :thinking:

Sakana

Ah, what wonderful graphics. It's so much better than how my NationStates pages look.

Luca

Quote from: Sakana on January 15, 2020, 05:11:49 PM

Ah, what wonderful graphics. It's so much better than how my NationStates pages look.
Oh my god I've been murdered.

But it's true, the graphics were outdated almost as soon as the game was released. But the story is near to my heart, despite its flaws.

Sakana

Quote from: Luca on January 15, 2020, 05:20:10 PM
Oh my god I've been murdered.

But it's true, the graphics were outdated almost as soon as the game was released. But the story is near to my heart, despite its flaws.
The graphics look cool! I honestly do like them.

But that is how I actually play NS sometimes...

Emily

Hello I have returned to this, the forum of destiny.

Sudanna

Luca

Quote from: Sudanna on October 04, 2020, 06:26:31 PM
Nice to see you.
When I turned this back on to get old posts, I admittedly did not expect anyone to notice.

Jens

HumanSanity

I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time

Emily

HumanSanity

I see where the emojis come from

:tinyclaps: :tinyclaps:
I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time

Luca

Looks like it's about that time for a sudden burst of activity