The Most Important Question Ever: Pancakes or Waffles?

Started by Copyn, November 06, 2019, 06:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:^)

Waffles
6 (46.2%)
Pancakes
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Copyn

Personally I prefer waffles - they're crisp, have delicious syrup pockets, and also just look plain ol' neat
admittedly I eat more pancakes tho cuz we don't have a waffle maker or anything
:spider:

Luca

I'm going to say waffles for their far greater capacity for emotional depth.

Natalie

AlexiCat

I've never liked waffles. Pancakes just taste better to me.

haru

I like pancakes because they're easier for me to make at home (no need for specialty equipment). Plus you can add blueberries or chocolate chips super easily and it's almost like an entirely different food. Pancakes are also much more freeform than making waffles in a waffle iron. You really get to flex your creative muscles when you shape the pancake!*

It's also easier for me to adjust the size of pancakes if I'm cooking for different people, like my youngest sister for example.

In conclusion, pancake better.

*This is where I would put heppy if I could

Jens

Poffertjes, obviously.

Also oven pancakes are a nice combination between waffles and pancakes. Hmm...

But fo' real tho: I prefer waffles. Especially Brusselian ones with whipped cream.

mads

Pannekaker! They're basically crepes, but don't tell anyone that.
But between the classic American flatcake and waffles, waffles all the way.

Emily

Waffles. I haven't had pancakes in a long time, nor crepes, but waffles are always good to me.

Casimir

Waffles are for the weak. I never know how to eat them, like.. with a fork? bare hands? idk at this point. Also you need waffle irons for waffles which is just fecking impractical. Just use a damn pan :angry:

By the way, the only permitted and ethically valid pancake & waffle topping is butter and maple syrup. Fight me.
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

Casimir

Quote from: Jess on November 09, 2019, 03:18:35 PM
French Toast

Fun fact: French Toast in French isn't called toast, but rather lost bread

French toast is delicious btw, how do you prepare it?
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

Luca

Quote from: Luca on November 06, 2019, 06:55:29 PM
I'm going to say waffles for their far greater capacity for emotional depth.
I have found sufficient reason to change my answer.

HumanSanity

Waffles > pancakes

But I don't have a waffle iron

I do generally agree with Natalie re: French Toast
I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time

Emily

Pancakes have greatly increased in my estimation as well due to recent unforeseen activities.

DyllonAvocado

Ooh! Ooh! Pancakes are a yes! They are so soft and tender and warm and yummy and good with syrup and stuff!
Dyllon!

There'#039s a light inside your soul that'#039s still shining in the cold, and the truth - the promise in our hearts
Don'#039t forget, I'#039m with you in the dark :)

Emily

Quote from: DyllonAvocado on January 09, 2021, 12:21:33 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Pancakes are a yes! They are so soft and tender and warm and yummy and good with syrup and stuff!
Yessss! I added a very small amount of syrup and butter to the ones we had this morning and they were so good. I'll probably be getting this mix for a while.

AlchemicCadence

Pancakes are really hard to get right, imo. I've never had a homemade pancake turn out soft enough, they always end up chewy or dry.
Waffles are always nice. They're crispy, they hold butter and syrup well, their flavor profile is really nice.

FLP

I love waffles, I feel that they are genetically superior to pancakes. Except, my waffle iron broke, making pancakes more convenient to have, and when I do get them right, they taste great! I'd have to go with pancakes for that reason.
Hates birds; never liked them

Comfed

Definitely pancakes, but I won't say no to waffles or, of course, French Toast.