Writing Prompt 1: Magical Ideas

Started by Emily, April 07, 2021, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Heya friends,

Surprise! There has been some renewed interest in writing prompts expressed in the server, and I thought it might be nice to follow up on that. For those of you who might not be aware, on the old version of the Calamity Refuge forums, we thought that writing prompts might be an interesting way of exercising our creativity and getting nice things out there. The first one didn't really take off, and there were some bumpy roads soon afterward, so the idea didn't progress beyond that.

I thought it'd be nice to bring back this old idea and see how people respond now. The RP is doing pretty reasonably well, and I want to do more writing anyway, so I think it could be a really cool activity for us all to do them together. There are no limits on this, no character minimums or maximums, and no real deadlines. I think we can put a two-week submission goal in, but if someone has an idea for this that they want to share a year from now, go for it! Hopefully we have a lot more prompts available by that time as well. To encourage participation, anyone who submits an entry for one or more of the following prompts within the next two weeks (ending April 21st) will receive a forum badge highlighting their participation!

QuoteYour protagonist lives in a world where you can buy and sell bottled emotions. It is a government regulated industry, but illegal dealers and black markets run rampant. Some emotions are worth more than others.

QuoteA new shop opens that allows humans to rent mystical and magical things: superpowers, magical abilities/items, etc. Monetary payment is not accepted. You must pay much more abstract prices.

QuoteEach year, all the wizards, sorcerers, and other magical beings come together for a tournament. They gamble their powers and magical tools.

Cat

Oho! You thought I had forgotten! But nay! I was merely  b i d i n g  my time!

I must preface this with a warning that I am but a foolish computer nerd who doesn't often try to string this many words together, so don't expect to be swept off your feet.

Also forums are so WIDE wow everything takes up so much less space. I put it in a box so everything feels 5% less weird.

Little known fact, golems speak in comic sans. I am very glad the forum supports comic sans.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
In ancient times, cats were worshipped as gods. They have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett