News:

News: Catholics Celebrate Worldwide as Pope Francis Wakes from Hibernation — Watch the Cardinals Deliver Consecrated Deer Carcasses to the Papal Lair in This Heartwarming Clip

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasures

Started by Copyn, January 14, 2020, 04:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Copyn

What're some of y'all's favorite guilty pleasures?

Personally I tend to be a sucker for gacha games even though they're predatory as hell
and also I really love playing Arcana Heart even if some of the character designs are pretty bad
:spider:

Luca

I guess the biggest for me is that I still spend money on Warframe, even though my account is insane and it makes no sense to keep doing that. I think supporting games that you think are good and get enjoyment out of is a positive thing to do, but it's also absolutely a waste when I know I could be doing something more productive with it.

Natalie

I've never liked the phrase "guilty pleasure" because I don't think people ought to feel bad for having hobbies they enjoy. I've got an obscene amount of time sunk into ShellShock Live and I'm sometimes prone to watching random stuff on Youtube instead of anything more valuable, but I don't think anything good comes of putting yourself down over something like that.

Copyn

That's a fair point. Honestly I was iffy about it but I thought it'd be kinda fun to talk about, if that makes sense :spider:

Also is ShellShock Live anything like LoveLive? :heppy:

Emily

My guilty pleasure is sour candies/gum :c I actually do feel guilty for that though because it's bad for me and I don't want to like it, but it's so good.

Copyn

I can't handle sour things :geh:
I almost never have any

...wait I didn't know sour gum was a thing :gasp:

Natalie

Quote from: Copyn on January 14, 2020, 10:45:59 AMAlso is ShellShock Live anything like LoveLive? :heppy:

I've never watched it. Is it about tank warfare?

Copyn

uhhh :NotLikeCat:
it can be if you believe! :heppy:

it's actually just idol stuff, no tanks at all

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on January 14, 2020, 10:34:21 AM
I've never liked the phrase "guilty pleasure" because I don't think people ought to feel bad for having hobbies they enjoy. I've got an obscene amount of time sunk into ShellShock Live and I'm sometimes prone to watching random stuff on Youtube instead of anything more valuable, but I don't think anything good comes of putting yourself down over something like that.
Natalie, should I learn to play ShellShock Live so I can more closely connect with you on an emotional level?

Natalie

I don't think there's any experience less emotional than playing ShellShock Live.

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on January 14, 2020, 06:05:46 PM
I don't think there's any experience less emotional than playing ShellShock Live.
I have only played its predecessor, Worms. Pocket tanks!

But I am willing to adapt due to my undying love of you.

Copyn

wait I heard worms
I always liked watching people play that game but never had people to play with

though nowadays I don't think it'd be as much my sorta game :thinking:

Emily

What's your sort of game?

Copyn

rhythm games, rpgs, or just whatever happens to tickle my fancy at the time c:

HumanSanity

I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time

Raskuly

Quote from: HumanSanity on January 04, 2021, 08:53:21 PM
Reality TV  :heppy:
I can't stand what you just said. :angry: When the Bachelor or Bachelorette has a new season it is all my family watches and as I'm listening to it doing the dishes I feel like pulling my hair out!
The bnuy guy

"quotDon'#039t let the fear of unhappines cripple your pursuit of finding what you believe."quot - Tyler Joseph

Mercy

Hmmm, I guess mine would be to cause chaos! While others find me straight up evil, I just enjoy keeping things interesting and entertaining!...it's either that or Minecraft. Other people really like to talk bad about it and I don't see why. I think it's pretty fun.
Sincerely yours! ~Mercy

dengopaiv

Chaos or minecraft is fun?
Mine is cake and Latté. I eat too much cake and drink too much Latté. And I sometimes feel even guilty about that, because I could be baking that cake myself, thus spend less money on it.

Emily

Quote from: dengopaiv on December 17, 2021, 10:40:24 PM
Chaos or minecraft is fun?
Mine is cake and Latté. I eat too much cake and drink too much Latté. And I sometimes feel even guilty about that, because I could be baking that cake myself, thus spend less money on it.
Sweets are such a difficult guilty pleasure to shake. I've gotten to a point where lattes are way too milky for me, but the cafe at my university served really great oat milk mochas. I'd get them with an extra shot of espresso to balance out the sweetness, but the espresso brand they use is so good.

I'd love to get more into baking, I remember baking with my mom when I was younger and it was a good time. I just don't have the equipment to do very much at the moment.

whatermelons

i eat too much junk food. it makes me fat . but i cant resist. nom nom nom cheesburger
whater melons