News:

News: Catholics Celebrate Worldwide as Pope Francis Wakes from Hibernation — Watch the Cardinals Deliver Consecrated Deer Carcasses to the Papal Lair in This Heartwarming Clip

Main Menu

[Suggestions and Bugs Thread]

Started by Luca, November 03, 2019, 09:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luca

If we're going to be working in the forum more, I'm aware that there are some places where we're lacking and some areas that are broken but I haven't noticed or I have and I've forgotten about. Post here the things that you want to see some work on, or if you have ideas on how I can improve the functionality of the forum. New boards, utilities, tie-ins, etc.

It doesn't mean I'll be able to do anything ever suggested, but who knows~

Additionally, if you notice items features or images that are broken, post them here.

Updates to this message have since been moved to the CalRef Development Journal.

Natalie

I don't know if you plan to actively support non-default themes, but it'd be nice if the spacing on Yorky's "recent posts" sidebar were a little more even.

Luca

It's harder to edit the sidebar because without possibly messing up other things, because it scales with the resolution of the screen, and I have accessibility settings.

I've made some adjustments to keep the formatting more consistent and deal with the spacing between posts better. See if it helps any.

Natalie

That looks a lot better, and handles the long thread titles well. Thanks!

Natalie

One more really minor one: it'd be nice if the path at the top of each page (e.g: Calamity Refuge -> General Discussion -> [Thread title] etc.) were fully visible without using a dropdown.

Emily

I have some emote suggestions as we move from the Discord.

Casimir

I'd like to suggest this :geh: as well :3

that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

Natalie

The text beneath the log in box has some formatting issues, visible in both Firefox and Chrome.

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on November 07, 2019, 09:02:24 AM
The text beneath the log in box has some formatting issues, visible in both Firefox and Chrome.

Addressed.

Natalie

Even more minor: the arrow next to "Attachments and other options" beneath the post text box looks like it should point downward to indicate that it can be expanded.

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on November 09, 2019, 05:42:51 AM
Even more minor: the arrow next to "Attachments and other options" beneath the post text box looks like it should point downward to indicate that it can be expanded.
Addressed.

I've updated the smilie set to be more relevant for this universe. You will now notice two rows of slightly different smilies from the world of Discord and some from long ago here. These are all sized to 18x18px, and won't affect the post spacing much when you use them. Below that, there is a [more] option that will open a pop-up of more emotes that are mostly sized to 32x32px. They are separate because they're bigger, and it's hard to tell what they are at eighteen pixels, but they're still good and I want to include them as an option to use in posts.

You should now be able to see:

:smile: :grin: :frown: :unamused: :sweatsmile: :laughing: :rofl: :angel: :wink: :blush: :upsidedown: :hearteyes: :kiss: :raz: :eyeroll: :thinking: :flushed: :angry: :gasp: :slanty: :heart: :tongue:
:cookie: :gem: :gold: :potion: :script: :hawww:
-> [more] <-
:BBB: :c-heart: :cthulhu: :muffin: :gay: :hugs: :shrugshrug: :spider: :heartbeat:
:necro: :NotLikeCat: :geh: :wannafite: :heppy: :wat: :tinyclaps: :refugia:

Some existing emotes have been renamed for better organisation. So if you see an old post where something isn't rendering, that's probably what happened. I've removed some of the text auto-resolving to emotes, such as :p resolving to  :tongue:. So if you just want to use :p to convey ":p", you can do that.

Comfed

Once a post is made, could redirects go to that post rather than the subforum the post was made in?

Luca

Quote from: Sir Chaos on January 13, 2021, 06:08:52 PM
Once a post is made, could redirects go to that post rather than the subforum the post was made in?

It can.

This is a user-setting, however. You can find it in Profile --> Look and Layout

The default setting returns you to the board, and I know that's different from people who are used to NS. If there's enough people who would prefer to return to see their post, I can change it to be the default option.

Comfed

Thanks. Also I notice that the setting "Show YouTube videos as a link" appears twice on the page.

Luca

Good spot, thank you, that's been fixed.