News:

Grandpa Ant Says: Plant anything you find! You never know when it will become a bigger version of itself in three weeks.

Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Emily

Luca

I've attached a poll to this thread because apparently I say syrup weird. But is it weird?

Vote now on your phones.

Copyn

I refuse to vote on my phone and instead participate in passive protest by voting via computer
:spider:

Natalie

Sur-rup seems weird to me. Is it a southern thing? Would lyric be pronounced lur-ric?

Emily

Quote from: Natalie on November 11, 2019, 04:33:40 PM
Sur-rup seems weird to me. Is it a southern thing? Would lyric be pronounced lur-ric?

From what I can see, it's a sort of 50/50 thing even within the same communities. It came up during work yesterday, where half of us said "sur-rup" and the other half said "sugar is a conspiracy \o/". The same conversation brought up "caramel" vs "carmel".

clandrox

Sugar is a conspiracy though, it does not exist all that exists is life and love of that sweetness coming from our homegrown Subadentian trees.
~clandrox
King Of Subadent and Her Trees, Speaker of Their Language Wucelapan.

Emily

clandrox

~clandrox

Casimir

Hey friend :heart:
Welcome back to the forums :3
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.

AlexiCat

Has anyone watched Hazbin Hotel? My roommate showed it to me yesterday and it's very UwU and good.

Luca

The poll regarding the correct pronunciation of syrup has concluded. The correct option was selected by virtue of the poll deciding the fate of the universe.

QuoteWhat is the correct pronounciation of "syrup"?

See-rup   
5 (50%)
Sur-rup   
4 (40%)
\o/ SUGAR IS A CONSPIRACY \o/   
1 (10%)

AlexiCat

The polls are rigged. We demand a recount

Rea

I didn't vote!

I would have voted sur-rup and it would have been a tie. xD

clandrox

Quote from: Rea on November 21, 2019, 12:58:50 AM
I didn't vote!

i voted the stupid one
~clandrox

Luca

Quote from: clandrox on November 21, 2019, 02:43:19 AM
Quote from: Rea on November 21, 2019, 12:58:50 AM
I didn't vote!

i voted the stupid one

Honestly, I had meant for the conspiracy option to be picked by Alexis, but she went with an entirely different conspiracy instead.

Luca

A new poll of dire importance has arrived to remind us of the intrinsic value of democratic discussion.

Copyn

Seeing as I've only played one of these games, I've elected to vote for two games and no one shall know which I actually played!
Muahaha

Oh I guess I also played minecraft oops :shrugshrug: but I didn't vote for it so it doesn't count
:spider:

Rea

I would play the heck out of a realistic, high graphics Minecraft. Just saying.

Most of these I don't even know xD

I voted not Skyward Sword, because honestly that one was boring to me (except the characters), but then I remembered the flooded forest stage and I was like NOOOOO I want that whole section in super awesome graphiiiiics!!!

Emily

I would hope for a Skyward Sword remake only because it would mean I could play it again. I hope to never use another wii-mote in my life :rofl:

Emily

Hi friends!

I wanted to let you all know that, as of today, Pillowfort is allowing current beta users to generate links for new members who can't afford or don't want to pay the $5 closed beta fee. Have you been wanting to check out the community? You should do it now! Here are three links, just let me know if you use one so I can mark it off as used.

Thanks in advance :heart: we can be friendos if you follow me here.

Invite links:

https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=XKsateVjnAmnXdHop3mfjw
https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=SIpj5_L1_4kZtDBTquTI3w
https://www.pillowfort.social/users/sign_up?invite=3WCciDX4tM7ZAiGDnLk6SA