News:

News: Catholics Celebrate Worldwide as Pope Francis Wakes from Hibernation — Watch the Cardinals Deliver Consecrated Deer Carcasses to the Papal Lair in This Heartwarming Clip

Main Menu

Music!

Started by Jens, November 10, 2019, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

This thread is all about music. Do you wanna discuss your favourite artists? This is the place for that. Do you wanna drop the latest music video of said artists? You can do it here. Do you make music yourself? This is where you can let us hear it and talk about it.

I'll start by linking a song I love.

https://youtu.be/DiDDlebQwz8

Which reminds me.... how do I put a preview of a YT video in here?  :sweatsmile:

JuiceLee

Quote from: Jens on November 10, 2019, 12:54:57 PM
This thread is all about music. Do you wanna discuss your favourite artists? This is the place for that. Do you wanna drop the latest music video of said artists? You can do it here. Do you make music yourself? This is where you can let us hear it and talk about it.

I'll start by linking a song I love.

https://youtu.be/DiDDlebQwz8

Which reminds me.... how do I put a preview of a YT video in here?  :sweatsmile:

I don't normally listen to music in that style, but I enjoyed listening to this song. I will share a song I enjoy in return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sjOGAQQzA

Polis Diamonil

Ooh, a music thread!  Vienna Teng's "Dreaming Through The Noise" has several of my favorite songs on it.

Recessional is mystifying and beautiful:
And the words: they're everything and nothing.
I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.
Who are you, taking coffee and sugar?
Who are you, echoing street signs?
Who are you, the stranger in the shell of a lover,
Darker than strong by the passage of time?

Oh, words, like rain, how sweet the sound.
"Well anyway, " she says, "I'll see you around..."

Everyone drinks their coffee black, right?  Well...  I do too.  I've usually thought coffee tastes better unsweetened, though this morning I've discovered that buttered rum mix tastes better in coffee than rum.  Even so, I doubt I'll do that very many more times.  Who doesn't drink their coffee black?  I think everyone experiments, but who likes it better with sugar?  It sticks with me more than you might think to hear a singer with a sorrowing voice wonder about that question.

Or, well...  it had.  I was gravely disappointed while composing this post to realize the lyrics say, taking coffee, no sugar, because that's everyone I've ever met.  I guess... maybe that's interesting, too.  I don't know people who drink coffee with sugar.  What kind of person has rarely met someone who drinks their coffee black, instead?

The other part stands.  That idea of... longing to know who is lost inside a darkened shell.  I know that pain.  It isn't sung about often.

Whatever You Want is like an anthem of my private ideology, too:
but in the night she leaves the papers in a tiny pile: evidence for her reasons.
And in the night he takes the main accounts and pulls the files, detailing every treason.
I am the last one you'd ever suspect of setting the fire, of setting the fire.
But as you switch on your TV tomorrow morning, you'll hear me saying quietly:
Whatever you want, whatever you want, whatever you want is fine by me.
Whatever you want, whatever you want, whatever you want is fine by me.

I believe the people who can't be stopped from going their own way are the very heart of civilization.  We are all sometimes saved in darkness if ever we are saved at all.

Ah, but ages ago I found Blue Caravan, before I had ever heard anything else associated with the name of Vienna Teng, and it's been a soothing balm for me whenever I've found myself caught in memories of an artistic mentor who turned foul on me:
So like a fool, blue caravan
I believed him and I walked away.

Oh my blue blue caravan
The highway is my great wall
For my true love is a man
Who never existed at all
Oh he was a beautiful fiction
I invented to keep out the cold
But now, my blue blue caravan
I can feel my heart growing Cold
Oh my blue blue caravan
I can feel my heart growing Cold

Finally, the strange sound of I Don't Feel So Well took a while to grow on me, but it only got better as I listened to it more:
I don't call them that
I thought that you should know
That I don't call them that
I thought that you should know before you fall

I saw it begin to dawn on us both
That somehow it wasn't surprising
And so you're preparing to swear every oath
And all the while I'm realizing

I can't love you then
That I can't love you then
I thought that you should know before you fall

The lyrics are simple, even repetitive, but they have a drama to them that is greatly reinforced by the skillful instrumental work.

Copyn

Here's a song I really like! :spider:

some of the lyrics are a lil wrong but still :shrugshrug:
:spider: