News:

Grandpa Ant Says: Plant anything you find! You never know when it will become a bigger version of itself in three weeks.

Main Menu

Holy Fuck Another Mod?

Started by Luca, December 19, 2022, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luca

Oh my god they're doing it again! Kinda.

Actually this time it's moving up a local mod who, for the last eightish months, has been filling the call for extra help, keeping Refugia documentation together. In that time, Aav has also used the position to provide feedback on issues we've been having, plans and ideas we'd like to do, and generally providing another grounding voice for bouncing off ideas when it comes to what might benefit the community.

We're increasingly on our own as far as communities go in 2022. The internet used to be a little more crowd-sourced, a little smaller, a little more collaborative. And doing things in the way we do has gotten harder, as internet users seem to have become a little more more transitory. Sometimes I've wondered "where in the world has everyone on the internet gone?" But, really, I know the answer. It's the massive servers with 250,000 - 1,000,000 people, with a large, paid, development or content-generator team that didn't really exist ten years ago.

We don't really aim to be that or compete with that, but I do recognise that I'm (in the grand scheme of the internet) becoming an older web admin with a community model that's very much out of the meta. I'm interested in modernising and growing things without losing our core ideas and principles. I'm extremely grateful for whenever someone comes along who shares those values and culture. We've got a nice shitposty community, but we also make some unironically cool and high quality things that hopefully gives people a better time, gives people some fun stuff to do and more reasons to hang out together.

Since Aav has been here helping out with all of that, it's about time we recognise those contributions and give some greater access and tools for carrying on with that in the future. So please join me in acknowledging and welcoming Global Moderator Aav.