News:

News: Catholics Celebrate Worldwide as Pope Francis Wakes from Hibernation — Watch the Cardinals Deliver Consecrated Deer Carcasses to the Papal Lair in This Heartwarming Clip

Main Menu

[Obsolete] NationStates: How Does?

Started by Luca, November 11, 2019, 03:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luca

Question: Hello, what is this board!?
    Answer: It's a board about NationStates

Question: What is a NationStates:
    Answer:
    Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Question: What can I do here?
    Answer: You can build this region into your dreams.

In Refugia, we more or less set all the rules. Not just CalRef mods and admins, but actual players. The rules that govern this region are called the Refugia Revised Statutes, and we are one of the few regions that have a direct democracy, meaning anyone who is a member state of the region can submit a proposal to revise, add onto or dismantle the law of the land or run for a council seat.

Question: How would I make such a proposal?
    Answer: To draft a proposal, telegram it to me and have your Second verify that they support it, and it will go up for vote.
    Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you want to collect people's ideas and plan out what you're going to submit, place a thread here with the [Draft] tag and collect feedback from people in the region.

Question: How do I run for a Councillor?
    Answer: By sending a message on the RMB (the message spot at the bottom of the region page) preferably with a short message about why you should be elected. You may also post in this NationStates board to do the same thing. Make campaign posters if you want.

The election schedule is here:
    Foreign Affairs         Jan 1 - 7         May 1 - 7         Sept 1 - 7
    Culture            Jan 7 - 14         May 7 - 14         Sept 7 - 14
    Operations         Jan 14 - 21         May 7 - 14      Sept 14 - 21

The first and second days are the candidacy period. You must announce your candidacy then or you will not appear in the poll. Look for an announcement from me when a candidacy period begins.

Question: Can I just submit a proposal to make a new Councillor position to run for?
    Answer: Of course.

Question: How do I join the World Assembly?
    Answer: Look at the World Assembly Page and apply to become a member. You must have a valid email address to confirm you are a real human and you may only have on World Assembly account at a time. Creating multiple accounts to influence WA votes or delegacies will get you MEGA BANNED. Endorse Refuge Isle to give a +1 to the regional vote.

This topic remains open for any questions you have which aren't in the above How Does.[/list]