The Welcoming Committee

Started by Emily, December 09, 2018, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Welcome all! I am sure you will enjoy your time here :)

Samu

Hello, i'm Samu! I don't usually hang around here, but i decided, eh, why not. I go by the name Narwhal in Refugia region.

A little fact about me. I love fun, and i hate nothing. I love you guys as well.

Emily

Samuuuu  :heart: I'm so happy you're here! I've missed having you around :)

I'm also happy about the implication that things are improving, since them getting worse was ostensibly the reason for you to leave in the first place.

Luca

Quote from: Samu on December 12, 2019, 04:09:01 PM
Hello, i'm Samu! I don't usually hang around here, but i decided, eh, why not. I go by the name Narwhal in Refugia region.

A little fact about me. I love fun, and i hate nothing. I love you guys as well.
Hi Samu, welcome to the forum!

Rea

Hola new friend!

Hopefully we will be seeing more of you!

Pykes

Hello everyone! I'm Pykes. I just started up a Nationstate after remembering that it's a thing that exists. I used to play a bit a long time ago. While I probably won't be the most active around here, I'm always happy to meet new people here, and share in some fun times.
Wankdeed; As far as countries go, this one is alright!

Natalie

Welcome Pykes! Good to have you here. And it's nice to see you back too, Samu. ^_^

Emily

Welcome new friend! It's so cool that you came over to the forum so quickly ^-^

clandrox

~clandrox
King Of Subadent and Her Trees, Speaker of Their Language Wucelapan.

JuiceLee

Hi, I'm JuiceLee I control the Confederation of Sentient Igaunas on NationStates.

I'm currently still in high school, and I live along the east coast. I'm into running, making food, and sometimes writing. I can't say I exactly understand things on this forum or on NationStates works, but I'm just happy to be here

Emily

Aww, welcome Juice! We're happy to have you here :heart:

If you have any questions about us or how to play nationstates, I'd be more than happy to help.

JuiceLee

Quote from: Valkyrie on December 23, 2019, 12:09:27 PM
Aww, welcome Juice! We're happy to have you here :heart:

If you have any questions about us or how to play nationstates, I'd be more than happy to help.

Thank you Valkyrie! As of right now, I guess I'm curious about the function of the Roleplay section as well as the associated wiki.

Emily

Then I'm exactly the right person to answer your question!  :hawww:

So the RP section is just a generalised place for us to do any sort of roleplaying. We're not a Nationstates-centred community, so it can be more or less anything. Right now we have four roleplaying threads that are in various levels of use:

-A Voice from the Storm is a fantasy RP where a bunch of us (myself, Wisdom, Rea, and Casimir at the moment) are taking a walk through a forest.
-The Oracle is a sci-fi RP that I occasionally post in when I have an itch to write something space-opera like.
-Clock Town University is an in-joke RP where Rea, Jens, and I are writing an extension to an RP we did on a previous site.
-We also have an RP for our Nationstates region, sort of? It's run by Subadent and Mads is also there. I don't know if it's dead.

The wiki is there for any article you want to make regarding RP areas, characters, or anything you're working on at that moment. We've mostly been using it for AVftS since that's our main RP focus, but if you have something else, you're free to use it. You just have to request an account and it'll be made.

You're also always free to make your own RP, if you have a story you're interested in but it can't be told within the confines of one that already exists. I'm sure there are multiple people who will join in and spend time working with you. We have a style of RPing here that involves collective worldbuilding, so you're encouraged to start with only the details immediately surrounding your character, and then everyone can pitch in and together you can make a world that you didn't expect at the start. It's really fun and creatively challenging to see what evolves around you.

vakoller

Hey hey, I'm Cayde, pronouns are he/him or they/them, and I'm here from Nationstates. I just started playing there not that long ago, I'm the... leader? of Vakoller, aha. I'm a tired college student and retail worker, so I'm just glad to have a small spot of refuge :P. In my free time I draw and play video games, my favorites being the Deus Ex series, Destiny, and Mass Effect.
It's nice to be here! I don't know how active I'll be, but I'll at the very least be lurking around.

Luca

Quote from: vakoller on December 28, 2019, 02:44:37 AM
Hey hey, I'm Cayde, pronouns are he/him or they/them, and I'm here from Nationstates. I just started playing there not that long ago, I'm the... leader? of Vakoller, aha. I'm a tired college student and retail worker, so I'm just glad to have a small spot of refuge :P. In my free time I draw and play video games, my favorites being the Deus Ex series, Destiny, and Mass Effect.
It's nice to be here! I don't know how active I'll be, but I'll at the very least be lurking around.

Nice to meet you! I hope you find this place to be a good fit for you. If you need any help with NS or anything like that, just ask and one of us probably knows. If you're into RP writing, we have some of that in the Roleplay board. This forum was reset around this time last year to kinda freshen things up a bit, so things are pretty open about things to make and write about ^-^

Emily

Welcome Cayde! :heart: It's always nice to meet someone new.

Wisdom has pretty much said everything to say. If you have anything that you want to talk about or add on the forum, I'm sure there would be people interested in talking about it. Don't worry about treading softly or anything, just make yourself at home and post whatever you're interested in!

Polis Diamonil

Hello, Refugia!  I'm Kayla.  My pronouns are mostly whatever; I consider myself genderless.

I'm a perpetual student of political organization, an unrecognized firebrand in strange places, an unacknowledged influence on cultural history, and a strange person with almost no social interests.  "Nobody" follows me, and for years now I've traveled across the internet looking for places where "nobody" will stop finding me.  :wink:  I've unmasked "nobody" at least three times through rhetorical appeals, and I've converted a violent conservative into an advocate for sex education at least once.  I am uncertain how I developed a persuasive talent despite extreme introversion.  I think it's just something about how I think.

My favorite album is Vienna Teng's "Dreaming Through the Noise".  My musical tastes are eclectic, but I tend towards gentle, quiet music.  I'm an atheist, but sometimes I greatly enjoy religious music.  I also like silence and void.  Sacred spaces appeal to me for their calm and joyous natures, but I am neither bound nor described by any creed or dogma.

My primary nation on NationStates is Polis Diamonil, which is also my nation in Refugia and my World Assembly nation.  I also control Being Easily Found; Polis Diamonil was created after Being Easily Found received a recruitment telegram from Refugia.  I have a couple of other nations, although I'm presently likely to abandon them.  I've had...  circa 36 nations in all?  I dislike the intrinsic rudeness of NationStates, and I think the game misrepresents some of its mechanics awfully, but the contemplation of political economy is such an essential pleasure to me that I've found the site impossible to withdraw from since I discovered it.

I am something of a slow thinker, but my thoughts are not small.  It is emotionally difficult for me to speak with brevity.  Eighteen years ago now I attempted to train myself towards brevity by writing poetry, but it never got easier.

Emily

Hi Kayla, welcome :) you're in good non-binary company. There are a lot of us, myself included, who don't really identify on the binary.

As far as NationStates goes, I only got to ~five nations at my height, but I'm cutting down to three, one of which exists purely as a diplomatic envoy to a friendly region. I totally understand how you feel about the NS community; I avoid the forum for the most part for the same reason. Fortunately there are plentiful good people on NS if you look for them, which has been one of our goals with the recruitment drive.

If you have any questions about us as a community (especially since NS is only one of the things we've been doing), please don't hesitate to ask!

Natalie

Hello new folk! It's nice seeing some fresh faces here.

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on January 04, 2020, 08:27:29 AM
Hello new folk! It's nice seeing some fresh faces here.
Welcome Natalie!!

Wait, were we not welcoming Natalie?