General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Natalie

I really like that idea. Environmental stuff is important.

I've been absent here for too long, most recently because of the stress of the holiday season, and one of the ways I've been staying sane is watching lots of movies. Would anyone be interested in some kind of a group thing around that? I know a lot of communities do movie nights where everyone watches or streams something together and talks about it, and I've also seen it done in more of a book club style where people watch on their own time and reply back with discussion when they've collected their thoughts. Either could be fun.

Rea

I'm up to trying that idea, Natalie. I think it could be pretty cool to have a movie night. My experiences with that kind of thing in the past has been a little disappointing because it's hard to get everyone in one place at the same time, but I'd still be up to try it out I think.

I'm striking out horror movies, teeheeeeee, but what other movies could we watch? I'm thinking cheesy crap.

I've been hearing so much about ecosia, maybe with a link I might actually try it out xD

Natalie

The issues with coordination are why I somewhat prefer the asynchronous format, so it's not forced to work around everybody's schedules or otherwise leave them out. I'd be up for pretty much anything that's not horror, but I don't know how we'd decide on something.

Luca

Quote from: Natalie on January 11, 2020, 06:57:59 PM
I know a lot of communities do movie nights where everyone watches or streams something together and talks about it, and I've also seen it done in more of a book club style where people watch on their own time and reply back with discussion when they've collected their thoughts.
I would definitely be happy to open up the white noise faucet for my stream of consciousness when I've consumed some random media.

Emily

I agree, I think this could be a lot of fun, depending on the movies we watch :)

I'd rather not watch horror or anything overly violent, those things just aren't really for me.

Luca

Emily's now done the stupidest thing that she has probably done on NationStates in a year

https://www.nationstates.net/region=runescape

Emily

Luca

Of course I do, you weirdo :tongue:

Emily

Luca

Now presently winning in the battle royale is Bill Gates, but with spider legs, vs. Queen Elizabeth and her army of portraitures. A second and equally enthralling matchup is forming in second place for Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano, versus Meryl Streep with no additional powers.

Rea

Why do I think the sentient piano and Streep would get along rather than fight, though??

Copyn

honestly idk most of these people but I believe in our boy formosus :cthulhu:
:spider:

Natalie

It just snowed? for like five minutes, but instead of snowflakes it was tiny solid white orbs. Like hail, but softer and falling slower. They're now melting away.

How's everyone else's day going?

Luca

It's been snowing for about two and a half days now, but it's light and nothing crazy. My computer parts were delayed but hooopefully everything will get here today anyway. Also actual internet instead of my phone, I hope I hope.

Copyn

Nat your snow kinda reminds me of frozen rain, but...not :thinking:
frozen snow? :shrugshrug:

My day's goin pretty good cuz I'm gettin even better at rollerbladin' and my language studyin' is goin good :spider:
hopefully I can actually rollerblade outside soon :cthulhu:

Emily

I believe in spiders on rollerblades!

Here are a few pictures of our snow.

Edit: Removed attachments causing 345 errors in the backend for some reason

Copyn

That snow looks really nice! :cthulhu:
we just have coldness and rain here :c
well not that much rain :shrugshrug: but it definitely ain't snow

Natalie

That looks so pretty! I wish we got that kind of weather here. We're lucky if we get one real snowfall a year.

Luca

Quote from: Copyn on January 14, 2020, 10:49:20 AM
My day's goin pretty good cuz I'm gettin even better at rollerbladin' and my language studyin' is goin good :spider:
hopefully I can actually rollerblade outside soon :cthulhu:
I have only been rollerblading one time in my life. And it was a true horror.

Copyn

it took me a lot of practice just to stand up on carpet! let alone on a smooth surface :laughing:
it honestly takes a ton of getting used to

unless you're like an ice skater or somethin I guess :spider: