News:

Refugia News: Councillor of Operations Ignores Questions, Repeatedly Striking Brick with Hammer, Screaming "NO!"

Main Menu

Recent posts

Refugia / Re: [draft] Thesis 2: Coherenc...
Last post by Luca - November 23, 2023, 09:54:38 AM
Understood. I will keep this up for comment and suggestions until the 26th when I plan to submit the proposal to vote.
Last post by mads - November 22, 2023, 04:13:07 PM
Oooh valid. I forgot about CANS and the elections! In that case, suggestion withdrawn lmao.
Happy to second.
Spam / Re: Spam Points
Last post by Kal - November 22, 2023, 02:34:59 PM
HumanSanity: 81
Emily: 68
Luca: 61
Kal: 47
Argo: 30
A819: 26
Aav: 14
Wasc: 10
FLP: 7
Ziz: 5
Dyll: 5
Cat: 5
Fox: 4
Zuk: 2
Ruby: 2
Potato: potato
Istillian: 2
Sueloc: 1
Last post by Luca - November 22, 2023, 12:02:52 PM
Scheduling the Council terms for Ops is, indeed, the most difficult part. It was the most difficult part last time as well, but then I was going off of NationStates' event calendar to try to anticipate what to expect. Since Frontiers released this year, I think that is the reason that not all of them were executed as planned, but the current situation might not be as imbalanced as you believe:

January

February
  • Secretary-General Election (Feb 4)
  • Best Nation (Feb 14)
  • N-Day (Feb 25)

March

April

• AF Event (April 1)

May

• World Trade Fair (May 13)

June

July

• Cards Against NationStates Global (July 1)

August

• Secretary-General Election (Aug 5)

September

• N-Day (Sep 30)

October

• Z-Day (Oct 30-31)
November

December

The scheduling could still be improved, although we don't yet know what the schedule will be for next year, or if they intend to use the 2023 calendar as a template for 2024. Ops does not necessarily need to be on duty or running all of these events, and we may encounter an ops councillor who actively will push for the region to not participate in one or more events. That makes it a little challenging to know what the right dates are as well.

Is the following an improvement?

January

February
  • Secretary-General Election (Feb 4)
  • Best Nation (Feb 14)
  • N-Day (Feb 25)

March

April

• AF Event (April 1)

May

• World Trade Fair (May 13)

June

July

• Cards Against NationStates Global (July 1)

August

• Secretary-General Election (Aug 5)

September

• N-Day (Sep 30)

October

• Z-Day (Oct 30-31)
November

December

Spam / Re: One Word Storyline
Last post by Luca - November 22, 2023, 11:39:30 AM
Once upon a star supernova, twenty six legendary cards descended from our tall card tower. Hooray!
Our newfound love Testlandia, wore splendid magenta fursuit, specifically commissioned to contain BEES! It buzzed through rainbow, over walls yonder, and into the sky. At midnight, Gerald Ford erupted from his volcanic lair, overflowing with meritorious service. Both chambers reloaded their legislative shotguns while removing glistering shirts, heated by lava undershirts. Ford devoured the 535 imperial guards, while copper prices skyrocketed, and legislation stalled.

Meanwhile, the legendary crocodile, Crocodile Irwin, initiated CPR for the legislature of New Hartoria. Mercifully, HS wrote textwalls of nonsense which follows:
"Spinning crickets mercifully inundate Equestria"

Obviously, this sucked. Mercifully, Andraste (Jesus Ronaldo) smote tobacco from a Tevinter corpse. Aromatic! It smelled. Unclear directions confounded the manufacturing executives, who decided there was no better fate than death. Opportunistically, they provided Andraste more timeshares filled 37% of the time by Tevinter, but why? For this, the ultimate price of three dollars and forty seven cents must be paid.

Dissenting Justice reminds us of prison. Thanks Justice! Very cool! Not until Alexander Wallexander jumped out and landed beside several upside-down teletubbies doing yoga. "Hi peoples how do you learn
Last post by mads - November 22, 2023, 11:39:05 AM
I think it's great. I would like to suggest a potential change to the candidacy, voting, and transition periods, which was something I've been thinking about during my last term as Ops.

I believe that the terms being pushed back by 3 weeks to a month could be helpful to ensuring that we have one 'Global Event' per term. Currently, the August-November term has two, while the November-February term has none, as does the May-August.
Spam / Re: A List of Things the Subje...
Last post by Luca - November 22, 2023, 11:37:44 AM
CalRef II: So Much For the Lactose-Tolerant Left
Spam / Re: Spam Points
Last post by Luca - November 22, 2023, 11:36:36 AM
HumanSanity: 81
Emily: 68
Luca: 61
Kal: 46
Argo: 30
A819: 26
Aav: 14
Wasc: 10
FLP: 7
Ziz: 5
Dyll: 5
Cat: 5
Fox: 4
Zuk: 2
Ruby: 2
Potato: potato
Istillian: 2
Sueloc: 1
Refugia / Re: [draft] Castle of Bureaucr...
Last post by Luca - November 22, 2023, 11:27:11 AM
Quote from: Aav on February 25, 2023, 03:53:29 PMUh, so, we doin this? Or nah.
I am interested in this, but I was unable to write the technical infrastructure this year that would have supported it and, at present, I do not know when or if that will be possible. I remain conceptually interested in the idea, however I will probably be suspending this idea for now.
Refugia / Re: [draft] Thesis 3: Consiste...
Last post by Emily - November 21, 2023, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Luca on November 21, 2023, 05:43:10 PMBoth of these concerns would be relatively moot if the Councillor of Cartography map were, instead, a game map that rest every term and did not depend on stable transitions between administrations and did not promise long-term continuity, but interest in that manner of service has never been expressed.

This actually sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in term-long maps. Maybe that would inspire some more RP activity?

But you're right about the issues with my suggestion. I'll be happy to second this unless anyone else has thoughts on it.