News:

News: Catholics Celebrate Worldwide as Pope Francis Wakes from Hibernation — Watch the Cardinals Deliver Consecrated Deer Carcasses to the Papal Lair in This Heartwarming Clip

Main Menu

CTU OOC thread

Started by Jens, November 10, 2019, 12:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Welcome to the CTU OOC thread!

This first post is mostly meant to provide some initial info about the CTU RP thread. The actual meat of the whole setting is going to be put on the wiki (eventually).

Now... let's tackle a couple of things.

What the heck is CTU?
CTU (Clock Town University) is meant to be both the sequel and spiritual successor to HySchool, a RP thread from a couple of years ago where, among others, Valkyrie and I took a bunch of our RP characters and put them in a high school setting, then threw in some drama, romance and mystery.

So we're gonna move on to the college years and have some new players and new characters and loads of fun.

Where does it take place?
Hyschool had this sort of ambiguity about it where it took place in a setting that pretty much is similar to our world, with references to existing countries, while also taking place in a place called Hyrule (of Legend of Zelda fame). There were barely any fantasy elements, and all characters were just regular ol' human, even if the initial characters they were based on were not.

In short: sorta in the real world, but in a fictional country.

What kind of university is CTU?
The fun is that we can find out together! I've come up with a couple of things already, but feel free to add or make suggestions to change these aspects of the uni.

1) The dorms are coed.
2) The university somehow manages to cover a heck of a lot of degrees and courses. This is so that characters can study very different things while still having opportunities to interact with each other.

Do I need to know anything about Hyschool to participate?
Not really. There will be the occassional reference to HS events, but in essence CTU is self contained. We would be excluding everyone but a handful of people otherwise.
In case something that happened in HS might become relevant to the story of CTU, we could put that on the wiki.

Anyway, that's all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, etc. etc. :)

Emily

Sorry if I missed this on my first read through, as I'm at work, but does Arelana have a roommate? If not I've got someone in mind.

Jens

Quote from: Valkyrie on November 10, 2019, 06:59:39 PM
Sorry if I missed this on my first read through, as I'm at work, but does Arelana have a roommate? If not I've got someone in mind.
Not yet~
I am looking forward to see who it is.

Luca

Can I roleplay as IRL Natalie, and she has i n c r e d i b l y realistic skills?

Ever morning Natalie goes out to the shooting range and fires fifteen shots, all of them travel over three miles and pass through a single hole at the bullseye. She then goes home and spends the next hour on her loom to weave a ten feet of handmade carpet to give to her neighbour in need.

Jens

I mean, if you've got Natalie's permission... :shrugshrug:

E: Also, it's an absolute delight to see Rylle return :3

Emily

And there's your roommate :P

Jens

Excited to see familiar faces return :)

As for my own upcoming post, I'll see if I can put up something this week. Most likely tomorrow evening or Friday evening.

Rea

Yippee!! I'm excited Randio!!! ^.^

Rea

JENS

(Does this count as spam. If yes sorry. But also JENS!) I'm dyiiiing . . .