News:

Refugia News: Councillor of Operations Ignores Questions, Repeatedly Striking Brick with Hammer, Screaming "NO!"

Main Menu

The Other Side: OOC Thread

Started by Emily, June 20, 2021, 09:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Hey friends, thought I'd throw this up to accompany the new RP I just posted. While a lot of the world around The Imperial Academy (feel free to give it a better name, I couldn't think of one) is currently in mystery, I had a few notes I was considering to give us a baseline to work from.

So they're part of an empire (hence 'imperial' in the academy name). It extends as far as everyone in the empire is aware of in every direction. The emperor isn't the strongest figure, and most of the power lies in the hands of the nobles that run each province. Because of the weakness of the emperor, there's some political instability in the background, but that mostly won't affect the magic academy itself, which is a mix of all the provinces and people from the empire, and is run by the central authority of the empire itself. While there are all sorts of biomes and types of people in this expanse, I've come up with a few ideas. I imagine there's a western and southern coast, and past a mountain range to the north is a desert that becomes an incredibly dry icy wasteland. To the east there's a lot of forests, and generally it just gets pretty wild out there, but the empire still claims all of it.

The academy is spread across a string of 12 floating islands around a mountain range in the north. It's possible these are suspended by magic, or are just strange aspects of the landscape, nobody's entirely sure. There are different schools of magic, but most of the courses are taught on the largest island, where the campus is. There are also dormitories where people mostly get their own rooms, which is nice, especially for those with different needs and accommodations. They have central dining areas, but I imagine this is also accommodating, and there's food available most of the time.

Go wild with the races all you like. I've obviously introduced elves and a notedly diverse race of reptilian people called kobolds, but we have no need to stop there. We don't have to be stingy with the academy, I think they have a lot of funds and we can just sort of accommodate for most ideas.

For those of you who aren't in the discord, here's my reference image for Ikou, drawn by Axbraun on Tumblr.

DyllonAvocado

Masterful concept art of the gang thus far

Dyllon!

There'#039s a light inside your soul that'#039s still shining in the cold, and the truth - the promise in our hearts
Don'#039t forget, I'#039m with you in the dark :)

Emily

I love this lol