The Welcoming Committee

Started by Emily, December 09, 2018, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Welcome to Calamity Refuge! I thought we could go ahead and open this topic up so everyone can introduce themselves to each other.

I'm Emily or Valkyrie, so-called "Social Administrator" and general all-around culture generator. I'm married to Luca and live in British Columbia. I love writing and music, and have officially stopped toying with video content creation. I have two RPs going, though only one (A Voice From the Storm) is probably worth joining unless you have an itch for sci-fi like I do. You'll see me around driving activity and attempting to make the RP section more interesting in general. I'm on a slow genderfluid pendulum between non-binary and female, and right on the edge either way, so please use whichever is your preference between they/them and she/her pronouns.

I want more than anything for this to be a warm, happy place where we can all be friends and enjoy each others' company. If there are any issues or you want to reach out to me, I'm always just a PM away :heart:

Rea

Hey! I'm Rea. I'm a pianist/artist, and a they/them/their who works in a warehouse!

I'm down for a happy, safe place to write with others. I also love to critique writing, so let me know if you've got a post you'd like me to critique and/or proofread! If you want a purely positive one where I tell you only what I think you've done well, that's good, too :) Nobody is always up for constructive criticism--I know I'm not--so if you just need some positivity I am SO happy to do that for you!

Peace and cookies, my future friends  :heart:

Luca

Hi Rea! It's good to meet you and talk to you for more than two seconds :laughing:

I'm Wisdom or Luca. I'm usually a housekeeper for Hilton. I used to create graphics, now I create websites. My goal for this community is to make a safe, reliable space for people to talk and create things, to have some positive feature in their life that remains constant despite everything else changing or breaking down. People should be free from neo-nazis, free from weird authoritarians and free from jerks who collect and sell your data.

To be perfectly honest, I'd like to build a relatively large site with a host of services and features that are built just for us and a community with a rich culture of works and ideas.

That's going to take a really long time.

But if you're willing to give it a chance and help make it, I'm willing to learn how to code it. The internet needs positive places now more than ever.

Welcome to everyone.

Natalie

Hello! My name is Natalie. I have extensive experience moderating and managing a number of communities in other corners of the web, and I'm excited to help Luca in any way I can to cultivate a positive environment here. I hope everybody will feel comfortable being here and reaching out when they need anything.

I have a bunch of hobbies I've done at some point - writing, gaming, drumming, some other stuff - so I'll just be around chiming in and trying to make friends.

gabs

Callie

I am Callie. I usually exist and I have never been subjugated by patriarchal nephilim tribes. Sometimes I look for things, but they turn out to be in my left hand the entire time.

Jens

I am Jens, or Randio.

The only thing you need to know is that I love you.

I'm Dutch, but not really, but actually I am. I love anything that brings you into different worlds, whether that's film, literature, games or whatever else. Music's also a major thing. I play guitar, and I sing (horribly).

I'm here because here's good people.
I'll be here to chime in once in a while and maybe provide a listening ear to anyone who might need it. I'll also likely be found in the writing section.

So, eh... yeah! Hi!

El

Hello all! My name is El: nothing more, nothing less. I live in the gutter with my thoughts and eternal smirk. I have equal parts appreciation and weakness  for both romance and horror/thriller genres, and I also laugh a lot - especially at my own jokes. It's good to see some familiar faces around here, especially considering I haven't seen them in sooooo looooong. (You know who you are  :heart:). Getting involved in a new community is always a lil' awkward but hey, here I am and you damn well better love me.

I have a decently long(?) history of forum RP and now that I'm essentially homeless in that regard I hopefully plan to set up a new shop here instead! (My thanks once again to Valk and Wisdom for the invite!) I need to get my writing fix and writing alone can so terribly droll, so don't leave me hanging.

Luca

I'm glad you're all here, especially if you've lost your other online community home. But, the good news is that we can build everything from scratch to be the kind community that's just for us. And you're always going to have my love and support  :grin:

Emily

Welcome Bunni  :heart:

And of course welcome to everyone else! It's so nice to have all these nice friends here with us.

Luca

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to have you here. Don't worry, I'm still trying to figure out how to make the site work  :sweatsmile: We'll both get there. <3

Copyn

Ayy! Call me Spider, I'm just some dork who happens to be into languages, music, games, and being a meme.
I've also uh never really used a forum so god knows this is new territory for me but I already know y'all're cool so here I am :heart:
Idk how active I'll actually be but I'll probably be lurking in the shadows :p
:spider:

ubq323

ubq323, they/them, and i have never used a forum before so that's cool

Emily

Welcome Spiderfriend and ubqfriend! -hugs-

I'm so happy you're here! Take a look around and let us know if you have any questions about how anything works. It's not that different from a chat, just it requires a tiny bit more structure in how you post, since it isn't as easy to break your thoughts into multiple lines.

haru

hey, I'm hannah. I'm a writer who doesn't write and a teacher-to-be who doesn't go to class. I like music and video games and stuff, but who doesn't. talk to me about poetry if you dare.

the last time i used a forum was when i was like 14 so this should be interesting. they/them or she/her by the way.

Emily

mads

Hi I'm Maddie!
I use she/her pronouns!
I'm excited to be a part of this community!

Luca

I'm so happy that everyone is coming here. We'll need to work together to make everything work, but hey, we've got all this space to play around with and everything on the forum is ours ^-^

Natalie

So many new faces over here! Welcome, everybody! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is interested in doing together here.

Casimir

Hey there friends! My name is Casimir, but I'm best known as Áth on CalRef's Discord server. I'm excited to be part of the Refugi experience and adventure :3
that is not dead which can eternal lie;
and with strange æons even death may die.