[draft] Make a puppet son, like Gepetto

Started by Catherine, April 15, 2023, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine

I'm proposing an amendment to the Member State exemption in RRS 5 which to my knowledge we already do in practice with regards to the map, but hopefully makes it a little clearer in law and adds in a Council benefit. Any feedback is appreciated!

5. Residents may apply for Member State status in conditions where admission to the World Assembly is declined, rejected, or impossible.

a. Residents applying for a World Assembly Exemption must have resided within the Region for a period of time not less than fourteen days and receive the unanimous approval from the Regional Council to provide the exemption.

b. In the event that an exempted Member State accrues influence in another region, requests their status be revoked, or is ejected from the region, the Member State's exemption status is revoked. The Member State can apply to have this status reinstated, following the same protocol as laid out in RRS 5(a).

c. In the event that a Resident chooses not to be in the World Assembly but would otherwise be able to do so, for example for the purpose of better control over their stats, or on the grounds of national lore, rather than apply for an exemption they are encouraged to move a puppet with World Assembly membership into the region. After seven days when it receives Member State status, they should then inform a Councillor that they would like their non-WA Resident nation to be considered as a Member State instead of the puppet for the purposes of the map, entering Member State restricted contests, and running for Council positions. The puppet must both reside continuously in Refugia and as a member of the World Assembly in order for the main Resident state to retain these benefits. If the puppet leaves the region, the World Assembly, or CTEs (Ceases To Exist), the Resident main nation will no longer be considered an honorary Member State.

I've intentionally left off voting benefits as to my knowledge these are defined by NS data to Dot for vote.calref, and by NS itself for WA-restricted polls such as BOAT.

Author: Tiralta
Second:
Good morning friends and foes

mads

Ooh! Seconded! But also I have some Thoughts for once I make it home from work and have a keyboard!

Aav

*pokes Maddie*

Were those thoughts ever going to Thought?
Quote from: LucaI maintain my assessment, sans Obama