RRS Amendment: In Order to Prevent a More Perfect Union

Started by Emily, February 22, 2023, 07:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

In Order to Prevent a More Perfect Union

PREAMBLE. In the most recent regional election, two Member States launched a conjoined campaign to become co-Councillors. This document seeks to provide a block to future campaigns utilising this heretofore-unseen legal hole.

In the Regional interest of adapting to heretofore-unforeseen circumstances, the RRS shall be amended to include the following:

- In Order to Prevent a More Perfect Union -

13. Elections will consist of a one week candidacy period where an eligible Member State may declare their intent to stand for office, a one week voting period where all Member States may vote for their desired candidate, and a one week transition period to acclimate the incoming Councillor with their roles and responsibilities.

d. If a candidacy declaration consists of more than one candidate for Councillor, it will be declared invalid.

The current RRS. 13 subsections (d), (e), (f), and (g) shall become RRS. 13 subsections (e), (f), (g), and (h).

Additionally, in the interest of adjusting the Councillor of Culture position to be less burdensome to its holder, the RRS will be amended to the following:

7(c). The Councillor of Culture, whose responsibilities are defined as orchestrating cultural events and developing the identity of the Refugi culture. This Councillor shall:

• Develop a Regional Eco Report to fulfill goals stipulated by RRS 14(a) and RRS 14(b) by identifying ways in which Member States of the Region may contributed towards the environmental targets established therein.
  • Publish regular updates to the Regional Eco Report to maintain its relevance and timely advice.
  • When additional assistance is necessary to fulfill the duties of office, appoint an assistant.

Authored by: Sylh Alanor
Seconded by: A Million Dreams

Natalie

I'd like to make sure the wording on 13(d) doesn't disallow people from running as councillor/smashmaster pairs. It wouldn't be a formal candidacy exactly, but I think the idea of telling people up front who your second is going to be is interesting and unproblematic.

Emily

That's a fair point, I'll edit that now.

PREAMBLE. In the most recent regional election, two Member States launched a conjoined campaign to become co-Councillors. This document seeks to provide a block to future campaigns utilising this heretofore-unseen legal hole.

In the Regional interest of adapting to heretofore-unforeseen circumstances, the RRS shall be amended to include the following:

13. Elections will consist of a one week candidacy period where an eligible Member State may declare their intent to stand for office, a one week voting period where all Member States may vote for their desired candidate, and a one week transition period to acclimate the incoming Councillor with their roles and responsibilities.

d. If a candidacy declaration consists of more than one candidate for Councillor, it will be declared invalid.

The current RRS. 13 subsections (d), (e), (f), and (g) shall become RRS. 13 subsections (e), (f), (g), and (h).

Additionally, in the interest of adjusting the Councillor of Culture position to be less burdensome to its holder, the RRS will be amended to the following:

7(c). The Councillor of Culture, whose responsibilities are defined as orchestrating cultural events and developing the identity of the Refugi culture. This Councillor shall:

• Develop a Regional Eco Report to fulfill goals stipulated by RRS 14(a) and RRS 14(b) by identifying ways in which Member States of the Region may contributed towards the environmental targets established therein.
  • Publish regular updates to the Regional Eco Report to maintain its relevance and timely advice.
  • When additional assistance is necessary to fulfill the duties of office, appoint a "SmashMaster" (name pending) to assist.

Seconded by:

Catherine

I like this wording, it's nice and clear.

I think I prefer your other suggestion of Herald to SmashMaster just because "Envoys, Wards, Seconds and SmashMasters" doesn't flow as well as "Envoys, Wards, Seconds and Heralds" but that may just be me.
Good morning friends and foes

Aav

Seconding the bit about Heralds. With that said, this looks ready to be voted on imo.
Quote from: LucaI maintain my assessment, sans Obama

Emily

Emily

• When additional assistance is necessary to fulfill the duties of office, appoint an assistant.

Seconded by: A Million Dreams

Aav

Quote from: LucaI maintain my assessment, sans Obama